- Foodgoat has not articulated a need for a blender.
- We don't have to blend things very often. As in, once a month or so.
- The things I do blend don't really call for a 2 horsepower motor.
- We have a stick blender that works well.
- It's really heavy. I have weak little arms.
- It's really big. We have no counter space. We have no kitchen storage space.
- $400-$600 is a lot for a blender. A lot. It's a lot for most things, but it's especially a lot for a blender.
Yet I want one anyway.
I could grind grain! (Because you know, sometime I might want to try that!)
I could make almond butter! (Even though now there are some good brands out there that aren't too hard to find!)
I could make hot soup right in the blender! (Because a high speed motor is the most efficient way to heat soup!)
I could make smoothies all day long, for twenty years! (Because I might get tired of eating fruits and vegetables in the natural, whole form!)
Or I could remind myself about points 1 to 7 above.
Still, maybe I'll stop by the outlet one day. You know, just to look.