|Seeking a babysitter for December 14, 2012|
- Chicken on pizza: Chicken never works well on pizza. It doesn't even sound good, really. Don't try to make it work. Just let it go.
- Cinnamon in coffee: I can have cinnamon rolls all day long, but please, please, keep cinnamon out of the coffee. If you have good coffee, it ruins it; if you have bad coffee, it's not going to help.
- Rosemary in mac & cheese: Foodgoat does not dislike rosemary, but he does dislike the implication that if you just throw in some rosemary, your mac & cheese is now a fancy, gourmet, delicious mac & cheese. IT'S NOT.
- Jack Nicholson in "The Shining": Story: Normal Guy goes to scary hotel, turns into Very Scary Guy. Nicholson is definitely Very Scary. But is he Very Normal? Kind of Normal? Tiny Bit Normal? No. So you kind of lose the element of surprise there.
- Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's": The obvious miscasting here is Mickey Rooney, but it's so horrific it makes me kind of hyperventilate, so I'll just focus on Hepburn, who is lovely and stylish but so, so wrong as a Texas hillbilly child bride turned high-end paid escort. Named Lulamae.
- Elijah Wood in "Lord of the Rings": Sigh. I have tried to like Wood as Frodo. Really, I have. And I like him in lots of other things (lately, Wilfred). But for Frodo, humble, ordinary, world-weary hobbit at the center of the most epic of stories, he's too youthful and way, way too emo.